Highland Cyclist Battalion of the Territorial Force Glengarry Badge

£28.50

Highland Cyclist Battalion of the Territorial Force Glengarry Badge

A nice example with some age in brass and white metal – Possible an original or a Fox & Company an early restrike – Came from a large military badge collection compiled in the 1970’s. Great for display as part of a collection or re enactors.

Circa WW1 with Kings Crown ‘Nemo Me Impune Lacesset’ motto with two good back lugs.

Good used condition

Approx 58mm wide

The Highland Cyclist Battalion was a bicycle infantry battalion of the Territorial Force, part of the British Army. Formed as part of the Volunteer Force in 1860, it became a Volunteer Battalion of the Black Watch (Royal Highlanders) in 1881. In 1909 it became an independent unit and served in the United Kingdom throughout the First World War. In 1920 it was converted as part of the Highland Divisional Signals.

The Territorial Force (TF) was formed on 1 April 1908 following the enactment of the Territorial and Reserve Forces Act 1907 which combined and re-organised the old Volunteer Force, the Honourable Artillery Company and the Yeomanry. Upon transfer to the Territorial Force, the 5th Volunteer Battalion became a bicycle infantry battalion. Initially designated as the 8th (Cyclist) Battalion, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders), in January 1909 it was separated from the regiment and redesignated as the independent Highland Cyclist Battalion

Description

Highland Cyclist Battalion of the Territorial Force Glengarry Badge – A nice example with some age – Possible a Fox & Company an early restrike – Came from a large military badge collection compiled in the 1970’s. Great for display as part of a collection or re enactors.

The Highland Cyclist Battalion was a bicycle infantry battalion of the Territorial Force, part of the British Army. Formed as part of the Volunteer Force in 1860, it became a Volunteer Battalion of the Black Watch (Royal Highlanders) in 1881. In 1909 it became an independent unit and served in the United Kingdom throughout the First World War. In 1920 it was converted as part of the Highland Divisional Signals.

The Territorial Force (TF) was formed on 1 April 1908 following the enactment of the Territorial and Reserve Forces Act 1907 which combined and re-organised the old Volunteer Force, the Honourable Artillery Company and the Yeomanry. Upon transfer to the Territorial Force, the 5th Volunteer Battalion became a bicycle infantry battalion. Initially designated as the 8th (Cyclist) Battalion, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders), in January 1909 it was separated from the regiment and redesignated as the independent Highland Cyclist Battalion

Scottish Regimental Plaid Brooches, Kilt Buckles, Hackles and Insignia – We have a selected a range of vintage, antique and collectible Scottish regimental glengarry badges, regimental officers kilt pins, plaid brooches, belt buckles and regimental sporran cantles. This range of ever changing stock make wonderful additions to any collection of Scottish military badges and insignia.

Since 1998 The House of Labhran has worked to offer a range of Scottish regimental glengarry badges, buckles, sporrans, sgian dubh’s and bagpipe insignia.

We supply a wide range of high quality Scottish Highland officers military kilt hose, Sterling silver regimental sgian dubhs, bespoke regimental sporrans, Scottish military issue hats and feather bonnet hackles and regimental sgian dubh’s.

Regimental insignia from 42nd Royal Highlanders Black Watch, 79th Cameron Highlanders, 78th Seaforth Highlanders, 91st and 93rd Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders, HLI, KOSB, Royal Scots Glasgow Highlanders, Scots Guards, and 92nd Gordon Highlanders.