1905 Royal Family Edwardian Photographs – Magic Lantern Slides. Royal Family Edwardian Photographs – Magic Lantern Slides. A private Magic Lantern slides belonging to the royal household from circa 1903-05. The feature images of the family at Balmoral Estate in the Highlands of Scotland, Sandringham the Royal families estate in Norfolk and Osborne House, Isle of Wight.
The images show Princess Mary of Teck – Later Queen Mary ( 1867-1953). King Edward VIII, later the Duke of Windsor (1894-1972) when Prince Edward of Wales . George VI (1895-1952) when Prince Albert of Wales. Mary, Princess Royal and Countess of Harewood (1897-1965) when Princess Mary of Wales. Royal members of staff including what we think to be Mr Henry Peter Hansell MVO (1863-1935), tutor to the Prince of Wales and Princes Albert, Henry & George, Balmoral Estate ghillies and lady in waiting. Due to the informal images we can only assume these were taken for the family. 1905 Royal Family Edwardian Photographs – Magic Lantern Slides x 17
Balmoral Castle is a large estate house in Royal Deeside, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, near the village of Crathie, 6.2 miles (10 km) west of Ballater and 6.8 miles (11 km) east of Braemar.
Balmoral has been one of the residences of the British royal family since 1852, when the estate and its original castle were purchased privately by Prince Albert, the husband of Queen Victoria. It remains the private property of the royal family and is not part of the Crown Estate.
Loch Muick is an upland, freshwater loch lying approximately 5 mi (8.0 km) south of Braemar, Scotland at the head of Glen Muick and within the boundary of the Balmoral estate.
Sandringham House Estate is a country house in the parish of Sandringham, Norfolk, England. It is the private home of Elizabeth II, whose father, George VI, and grandfather, George V, both died there.
Osborne House is a former royal residence in East Cowes, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom. The house was built between 1845 and 1851 for Queen Victoria and Prince Albert as a summer home and rural retreat.
© House of Labhran – Royal Family Edwardian Photographs